Monday, October 25, 2010

If you could have whatever you wanted?

I came across this question and it put me to thinking!!

Will I be the happiest person on earth then?

If you think my answer was YES, that is a big mistake. My conscience actually answered NO!!

Simply because if you have everything you want, you will never realize the value of ANY of them. Something ought to be lost to realize the value of some other things. Even a simple praise can be taken as an example. Imagine yourself as a celebrity who is always appreciated. At one point you would get sick of them. You would no longer feel its great to be appreciated. But then, if someone didn't appreciate your honest efforts, and another friend of yours actually felt great about you, that is when you truly understand the value of that appreciation.

In this unfair world, we must be thankful to the unfair people, for without them we would never open our eyes to the love that a bunch of fair and wonderful people around you show you. Thank your bad luck and your misfortunes, for they help you understand the good in you and around you.

Getting everything I want definitely won't make me the happiest person, I conclude today. What I have right now is what is giving me happiness, however little that is and its my duty to appreciate that. This imperfection would in turn lead me to appreciate the people who have been nice to me all along and the things I have achieved in life so far. I know this is really confusing! :D



Pitiful fact is , these thoughts don't stay in my mind constantly. Once in a blue moon I get them, but these are from my heart.

Next time when someone appreciates you, acknowledge them with a thank you and smile at them. Its easy to help others, but for them to realize that you are helping them and for them to appreciate you is something like a miracle.

Pledge to NEVER LOSE Your SMILE that makes your face so pretty to look at!



You Smile. I smile. Everyone Smile Pleaseeee :)

4 comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...